Claims Services Manager
|Posted Date||Jun 23, 2022|
|Closing Date||Jul 11, 2022|
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Hours of Work||37.50 hours per 1 week rotation|
|Salary||Pay Band 6 with a salary range of $88,231 to $114,702|
|Expected Start Date||Aug 22, 2022|
|Number of Positions||1|
The Claims Services Manager, Employee Benefits, is responsible for the daily operations of the Claims Services team ensuring the delivery of disability claims management services to employee benefit plan members, health care employers, unions, and other stakeholders. The Employee Benefit Plan Trusts provide benefits to 44,000 active health care employees and their families, and 15,000 retirees on behalf of 75 health care employers across Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Director, Claims Services, the Claims Services Manager upholds the Employee Benefits philosophy of “We Take Care of the Caregivers”. The Claims Services Manager is responsible for a team of people who provide world class service to our customers and partners every day.
The Claims Services Manager will develop disability case management best practice; ensure consistent application in the daily work of the team; and respond to complex inquiries. Following the implementation of a new disability case management system, including electronic file management, the Claims Services Manager will lead the team through process development and build efficiencies by leveraging our new technology. In addition, the Manager will undertake research projects, provide education and seminars, and compile and analyze reports to monitor trends and experience of the Plans.
Through setting and monitoring the service standards of the department, ensuring quality at every step of the way, the Manager works to remove barriers and ensure that customers receive efficient and timely communication throughout the disability claim process. In an environment committed to continuous improvement, the Manager will use Lean tools to increase communication, perform root cause analysis and improve the work we do for our customers.
As an experienced people leader, the Claims Services Manager provides ongoing direct supervision, coaching and mentoring to employees.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration OR an acceptable combination of post-secondary education and work experience
Formal education/training in leadership or willing to complete
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze complex situations and environments and produce workable and practical solutions;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on trust, accountability and open communication;
- Ability to create shared purpose and build collaborative environments;
- Ability to learn new methodologies and apply those concepts in Lean improvement initiatives;
- Ability to manage conflict in real time and focus on problem solving;
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively;
- Ability to remain calm and focused during peak periods of activity, deadlines and stress and ensure deadlines are met;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of direct reports, set performance expectations and ensure high quality deliverables;
- Demonstrated superior skills in researching, writing and editing sensitive materials for content, clarity, accuracy and conciseness;
- Possess initiative, self-direction, organizational and leadership abilities that support translating strategic direction into operational plans;
- Working knowledge of general human resource, organizational development and financial management principle;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in benefit plan administration, the insurance industry or claims management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Completion of a formalized program in Employee Benefits would be an asset (CEBS)
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, all candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this position, please click the button below. Prior to commencing employment with 3sHealth, the selected candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.