Senior Financial Accountant
|Posted Date||Mar 09, 2023|
|Closing Date||Mar 30, 2023|
|Job Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Hours of Work||37.50 hours per 1 week rotation|
|Salary||Pay band 5, with a range from $76,638 to $99,629|
|Expected Start Date||Apr 24, 2023|
|Expected End Date||Jul 05, 2024|
|Number of Positions||1|
Are you an experienced Financial Accountant? 3sHealth's Finance team is growing and is looking for a qualified Senior Financial Accountant to assist with budget, tax, investments, fund management, actuaries, audit, and preparation of financial statements for a designated client group.
3sHealth is a progressive, forward-thinking company and has been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for three years in a row. If you are an expert in finding creative ways to improve efficiencies, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, are skilled at prioritizing projects, and are committed in delivering high-quality customer deliverables on time and error-free, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Senior Financial Accountant (SFA) is the senior financial officer in their particular area of responsibility. The SFA is accountable for the ongoing financial operations of their area (accounts receivable, payables, budget, and reporting) and has signing authority to review, verify, and approve transactions. The SFA prepares timely and accurate financial reports and regular maintenance of operating and capital budgets, and communicates and interprets financial results for the organization. The SFA works with the various departments to develop monthly forecasting reports and the annual budget, and works collaboratively with department heads, Saskatchewan Associations of Health Organizations Inc., government agencies, financial institutions, and Canada Revenue Agency pertaining to financial matters.
Bachelor degree, coupled with a professional accounting designation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to conduct and facilitate consultative processes, including meetings and workshops
- Ability to manage time and set personal goals and priorities to achieve department results
- Ability to work as a team member
- Advanced accounting skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Knowledge of lean processes would be considered an asset.
Three to five years' experience in accounting and financial systems.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, all applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be subject to provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
To apply, please click the button below.